Monday, September 15, 2008

More Good News

Max has been given permission to not have dialysis treament today, and this is very good news - they will be doing it again tomorrow, and will be doing mroe down the road, for sure. Today, though, has been a great day! Max got to put on real clothes and his shoes and walk down to a "safe zone" - a special place for kids where doctors and nurses are not allowed. He played some pool, did a few paintings, and had a lot of fun.

Please continue to pray for his recovery!

Shannon and I have met a wonderful family here at Children's, the Jackson's. They are from Montana, and are here for their son, Drew. They have ties to my dad's hometown of Anson, Texas, and we wound having a lot in common, most importantly, relationship with Christ.

They are loving their son through some difficult times, and since they are from out-of-state, I'm sure they will take all of the encouragement they can get. If you wouldn't mind, please take a moment to visit Drew's blog and leave them an encouraging note... I'm sure they'd love to know that people from all over are thinking of them and praying for them.

Tell them that Max sent ya!

http://babydrewsjourney.blogspot.com/

Thanks!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great news, indeed, Sam! I know that bit of fun was a huge step for Max, even though it left him pretty tuckered out!

Hey, Max, do you know how a young gorilla invites other young gorillas to come and play? No, they don't send and email. They beat on the chests very fast!

Maybe one day you can try that with Drew! Of course, you may have to tell him what it means - not everyone understands gorilla talk!

I'm sending you a picture of you and me. Well, not exactly, but you'll see when you get it. It looks a lot like me, but since we haven't met yet, I'm not so sure it looks like you. It's in the middle of one of the Zoobooks I'm sending you.

Keep smiling, and helping the doctors and nurses who are helping you get better. People in the middle of Georgia are praying for you!

Your friend,
Mr. Cotten

Anonymous said...

Good Afternoon, Max - this is Mrs. Lynnette. I am so glad you are doing better. Mr. Terry and I have been praying for you. I miss seeing you in AdventureLand on Saturday nights. Everyone in AdventureLand are praying for you to get better really soon. I miss my hugs. Hugs and Kisses from me to you! Love, Mrs. Lynnette

Tawna said...

Hi, My name is Tawna, I am Drew Jackson's Aunt. I am very thankful that my brother and his wife met you. I am glad they have some extra support in this time of need. I have been reading Max's story and am amazed by his journey. I will keep him in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

Answered Prayers, we are overjoyed at Max's progress. Sue and I have been praying for you continually and so have alot of other people here in Colorado. I go on your blog every morning to see how you are doing and it so encouraging to read the good news; you will be home before you know it.

We will be praying for Drew as well, thanks for letting us know about his journey.

We love you and will continue to pray for Max and Drew.
Mark and Sue Roe

Anonymous said...

Max, I am very happy to hear that your recovery is moving in the right direction!

I'm so glad that you had a chance to play today!

Dave from Ottawa, Canada.

babydrew said...

Middlebrook Family- We cannot thank you enough. Tonight Drew is doing much better thanks to the power of the Lord. The prayers your friends have sent are working and we appreciate it so very much. We are glad to hear Max is doing well. Hopefully he will be out soon. Talk to you tomorrow.

Love, The Jackson's

Tami said...

One more in prayer for you. This is Everett, one of K.Potts friends in Bellingham. Keep up the good work!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Max, I am a friend of Baby Drew's parents here in Missoula. I know that your Parents and you are doing a great thing by simply reaching out to my friends. They are strong in their faith but we all know this is a trying time. Thank you for lending a shoulder to Taw and Stacy and their daughters and to Little Baby Drew! Heidi McAtee in Missoula